Summer in Barcelona is a period of sunny months as people get to make the most of the humid weather. It is one of the Mediterranean cities that will wow all visitors with its alluring charm of excellent weather, welcoming locals and unbeatable food. Driving around the city will not let you enjoy the best of what the city has to offer. The only way to have a taste of the different pleasures of Barcelona is wandering about on foot. Here are some of the top summer attractions that stand out in this Mediterranean city.
PARKS AND DAY TRIPS ATTRACTIONS
Barcelona’s parks and other day trips attractions are a blend of man-made attractions and the best of what nature has to offer. Beautiful gardens, sandy beaches and parks are always a huge attraction during the sunny months.
- The La Rambla is home to the mosaic pavements done by Joan Miro’s is always an excellent place to go for a stroll.
- The Park Guell that has structures that look like they come out of Hansel and Gretel.
- The Barceloneta Beach that is a 7km stretch of sand and palm trees.
- The Sitges is the party town of Barcelona and a huge attraction for visiting tourists.
- Other cools places to include the Montserrat and the playgrounds of Parc de la Ciutadella
FESTIVALS AND EVENTS
Barcelona is a city famed for diverse people and culture, and the best way to explore this diverse richness is by taking part in the city’s different events and festivals.
- From the 29th to the 31st of May, the Primavera Sound Festival will be held to celebrate music such as rock and pop. It is will be a five-day event.
- In Mid-June, the city will hold the annual “Dancing Egg” festival in which several churches garland their buildings with flowers as an empty hollowed egg dances on the spout of water from their fountains.
- The Sonar Festival will follow in the month of June on date 12th – 14th that celebrates advanced music and new media art.
- The Saint Joan on the 23rd and 24th of the same month, an event that is characterized by bonfires as people eat cava.
- Festival de Padralbes is a massive event that runs from the 12th of June to the 10th of July, an event that seen several concerts run during that period.
- The La Diada festival, which is the Catalan National Day is held on the 2nd of September and has several matches, free concerts and demos held along the streets.
- Jazz concerts are held through the months of June to August during the Music als Parcs.
- The San Miguel Mas i Mas Festival is a music festival that runs across different venues in the city and starts from the July (the last week) through to the early days of September.
- Sala Montjuic is a unique event that has a series of outdoor cinema sessions complemented by some bit of live jazz band music. The event is held at the Montjuic Castle.